Maine AllCare is dedicated to the goal of achieving universal, high quality and affordable health care for the people of Maine. We are non-partisan and non-profit, committed to educating the Maine public and policymakers, including legislators, about how to improve upon the new federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) in order to make health care here in Maine universally accessible and affordable for all.
Our Vision for the future of health care in Maine
- All Mainers should have access to affordable and appropriate health care and its supporting social and community services -- everybody in, nobody out.
- No Mainer is in danger of financial ruin because of health care costs, is locked into a job solely because it provides health insurance, is faced with stagnant or declining wages due to the rising costs of health care, or has their insurance cancelled when they become sick.
- No Maine employer is faced with out of control health care costs, putting them at a competitive disadvantage relative to their domestic and international competitors.
- Maine doctors will no longer have their clinical judgment second-guessed by insurance company bureaucrats. Medical practice will be decided by health care givers and patients, and will return to being driven by mission, not money.
- Maine patients will no longer have to wonder whether their doctor's treatment decisions are driven by their health needs or their insurance coverage.
- Maine hospital leaders will be free to offer services determined by the needs of their community, not their need or desire to generate revenue.
- The legislature will no longer have to watch rising Maincare and public employee health care costs steadily erode its ability to address other critical priorities.